Thursday 7 September 2017

Please Stop Lying with me

Sometimes, I sit and wonder,
Is it all worth the while?
the feelings of jealousy mixed with lust,
feelings of enchantment and mistrust,

I thought that this time its going to be different,
that this time I found someone worth my while,
what a farce, what a lie, what a shame,
I'm too old for this,
too smart not to learn from my mistakes,

Took the time to let you in,
yet you'd never stay,
took my effort to make you comfortable,
yet your heart was always some where else,

why is it that I'm this vulnerable?
why can't I see yet I have eyes?
why can't I learn from my past mistakes?
why do I see you for what your not?

I thank God for my meekly nature,
though you break me to pieces,
all I can do is watch,
i don't have the heart to put up a fight,
you were my last straw,
Guess my clench was not strong enough,

now let me drown,
go back to my depths where I belong,
to the darkness where I'm at home,
to the nothingness that fills me inside,
here I'm safe, Here I'm all alone.

kk
07/09/2017

No comments: