Monday 24 November 2014

my tommorows

one thing in this world i couldnt know
the future it is mystic
i mean who knows what tommorow holds
maybe meeting the person of your dreams
buliding your own home
getting your first kids
getting your first car
travelling abroad
new expiriences
pain, sorrow, death

i realy dont know what tommorow holds
but for much of my short life tommorows have been happy
and God deserves all the praise for that

i only hope my tommorows continue to be happy,
full of love, music and light
i hope to achieve my dreams,
ones i had from a tender age,
be the man i was ment to be,
achieve what i came here to do,
my conviction, my dreams for humanity,
i hope that i overcome todays challanges
meet new ones and trod on forever foward

i dont know how long i will live,
only God knows that,
but it doesnt matter,
when i die i want to be smilling,
knowing that i left a mark on the world,
a mark that changed lives.

but now am young,
the years ahead look like a meandering stream,
i look from a high hill hoping to see where it leads,
but i cannot, and i dont want to know,
because the journey, the adventure is why i stand here,
it is the only reason the stream flows,
so i will pull my shuka tighten my akala sandle,
i pull my oar and paddle on on the mystic stream
i know there will be cataracts, tribitaries joining,
there will be rapids, and places of calm, heck even waterfalls,
there will be passangers on the stream
they will baord and eventually alight,
but my will will not falter, my light shall not die
i will be strong stand firm and move steadily on,
and when i reach the delta, i will look back
smile and let my boat into the vast sea.

                           - kk
                            10/09/2014

No comments: